What Is Genetic Testing?
Genetic testing is a technology that detects DNA through blood, other body fluids, or cells. Molecular information is used for detection, to predict the risk of disease in the body, and to analyze the various genes contained in it, so that people can understand their genetic information, to avoid or delay the occurrence of diseases by improving their living environment and living habits.
2. Why would I be offered a genetic test?
You may be offered a genetic test, because:
(1) A family member diagnosed with cancer at a very young age
(2) A close relative has rare cancer that is closely related to heredity
(3) Several first-degree relatives in the family have the same cancer
(4) Family members with cancer are all associated with the same gene mutation, such as BRCA2 and breast cancer.
(5) Circumstances related to hereditary cancer found during physical examination.
(6) One or more members of the family have a known genetic mutation.
3. Sampling methods for genetic testing
There are various sampling methods for genetic testing, but oral swab sampling is more recommended. This is because this collection method is suitable for sampling by all people. Their sampling principle is that normal people secrete an average of 1.5 liters of saliva every day, which contains exfoliated oral mucosal cells, and the cells contain human DNA information. In addition, they have the characteristics of simplicity, non-invasiveness, quickness, and room temperature storage.
93050V is a Sampling Swab with toothbrush shape cheek & push rod, it has been designed for DNA & Gene detection and Oropharyngeal clinical diagnostic. It is made of medical grade needle-punched fiber and ABS handle, the head is harmless to micro-organisms, thus can enhance the specimen collection. It is a perfect Sampling Swab for the specimen collection and the operation is easy, just press on the push rod to eject the head into the transport medium after finishing specimen collection.
5. Specific sampling operations：
a. Peel apart the sterile package.
b. Hold the handle and place the sampling swab into the mouth for sampling.
c. Rotate the sampling swab gently 3-5 times, and then slowly take out.
d. Place the swab into the sample collection tube, break it at the break point, and then store it to complete the sampling.
Through genetic testing, you can understand your genetic background, get personalized health consulting and management services, and achieve early knowledge, early prevention, and early treatment, and diseases that should have occurred less frequently, later, or never, so as to improve the quality of life, extend your life.